- Own areas of engine code and maintain and support them across all supported platforms;
- Design and develop new gameplay functionality, principally for mobile;
- Improve and maintain existing gameplay modules;
- Contribute to the development of new user interface functionality;
- Work with other teams at SM to help integrate shared code where necessary;
- Analyse, debug and fix issues;
- Work closely with artists, developers and producers to help push our games to be better.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant professional experience using C# as the main language;
- Strong programming skills in C#, with knowledge of the latest standards and best practices;
- Knowledge of football;
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code;
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with team members across all disciplines.
- An interest in and some knowledge of game design;
- Experience of mobile gaming and cross-platform development;
- Good knowledge of Unity.
Soccer Manager (SM) is a world leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 2006, SM is an independent games studio based primarily in Preston with a small studio in Leeds. The SM team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SM has enjoyed sustained commercial success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated mobile games and achieve millions of downloads each year.
The SM team is diverse, highly talented with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SM is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Competitive salary (DoE);
- Bonus scheme;
- 35 hour working week;
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a Christmas holiday break;
- Flexi-time & home working;
- An office 'chill out room' with table tennis, TV, pool table and darts board;
- Last Friday of the month is 'Fun Time Friday' where the entire company engages in a fun activity during the day;
- Be a key player in the development and also influence the direction of one of the UK's busiest mobile games;
- Work in a friendly, non-political, professional environment with a great atmosphere;
- You’ll be encouraged to learn and develop your skills and your career.
To register your interest in being shortlisted for interview, please send a CV with references and a portfolio to .